August 12, 2003 - 6:06 pm
i'm always surprised at how shitty a day can be. i mean, my life is not perfect so i don't know why i just can't except bad days as they come. here's a list of what went wrong.
- probably the one thing that bound together all the shit-factors of this august 12th, 2003 was the fact that my hair was really, really ugly. actually, it looked good until i got to work and took off my sweaty bike helmet and then....whammo! bad hair for the rest of the day.
- definitely related to the bad hair was the fact that i also looked really really bad. i was wearing a pair of black gap cropped pants that looked great in the store but ever since then, i haven't been able to look even half way decent. bah.
- the work i was doing was tedious and frustrating. working for egotistical real estate brokers sucks ass who want last minute butt-ugly changes to their stupid brochures. who is the designer here, who??
- my lunch was tastless. i savour food and i usually make nice and tasty lunches. this day, i forgot to throw in some salsa and cheese to my rice and beans, and all i had was rice and beans.
- when the godly hour of 4:30 came, i was out the door and looking to feel the wind through the holes of my helmet. but things didn't happen that way. at 4:32 at the bike rack outside my building i realized that i was stuck. some asshole had locked his bike not just to the bike rack, but had attached his lock to my brake cables, meaning that i was stuck. i immediately went to the security desk in my building and asked if they could get someone to cut off the guys lock. 'sure' said the guard, 'it'll only be a minute'. well, an hour later a janitor appeared with huge-ass chompers and cut off the asshole's lock like butter. i wish i could say it was worth the wait.
now all i want is a ritter sport hal bitter bar and some time alone with my book. damn, i knew i should have got that chocolate bar before the market in my 'hood closed. damn.
ps. and c still hasn't received his pay cheque. that sucks too.